Fire Life Safety Audit
Every organization strives for improving safety record, reducing near misses and deceasing compensation claims. However, work-related accidents continue to be a critical problem. Nobody is averse to complying safety rules; still we come across incidents like injury and death from time to time. An essential component in this regard could be failure in identifying hazards leading to risk exposure. This reflects that the organizations don't conduct safety audit or even if they conduct, the outcome might not be satisfactory.
For queries, & Assistance
What is Fire Life Safety?
Fire is a hazard in any part of the premises regardless of size, sector, or location. Due to its catastrophic nature, successful management of fire safety is essential to ensure a sense of calm in the workplace. Ensuring life safety is the most essential aspect of all building codes. In India, the 2016 version of the National Building Code (NBC) is representing the present state of knowledge on various aspects of building construction, which is followed by all states in India.
Why your Organization would require Fire & Life Safety (FLS) Audit?
Organizations would require Fire & Life Safety Audit in order to attain the below benefits:
- Comply with fire safety laws & regulations
- Demonstrates the organization’s commitment to health and safety
- Highlights non-conformities and improves quality & service
- Brings value to the workplace by avoiding prosecution, litigation, absence costs & loss of reputation
- Reduced insurance premiums & indirect cost of workplace injuries
- Fosters workforce morale & wellbeing
- Enhanced employee awareness about fire & life safety measures
What are the various steps involved in the FLS Audit process?
- Opening Meeting with the client team
- Site Visit
- Document Verification
- Closing Meeting with the client team
NIST has delivered FLS auditing services to the below industries.
- Schools & Colleges
- Data Centers
- Commercial Establishments / IT Parks, etc.
Total facilities Audited – 4944 and the total area covered in Sq. Ft. – 52.9 million Sq Ft Audited
A competent team of FLS auditors with more than 50+ years of collective experience in industries like:
- Oil & Gas, etc.
(Pre-audit, On-site & Post-audit)
An excellent end to end support to clients during
- Pre-audit (Understanding the objectives & scope, select audit criteria & audit team members, develop audit plan, notify the facility & review the background information),
- On-site (Opening/Closing Meeting, identify areas of concern, site inspection, document review, staff interviews, an initial review of findings),
- Post-audit (Final evaluation of findings, submit a preliminary report, get management approval & submit final report) and
- Follow up or review (Verify the recommendations taken on audit findings)
< image >
What your organization will receive from the service?
Provision of expert support and advice which can include:
- Executive Summary Report for the Management
- Customized checklist with respect to FLS and client’s business model
- Detailed analysis of Observations and its Recommendations
- Pictorial evidence supporting observations
- Detailed dashboard tracker for multi-location audit
What types of Organizations can undertake this FLS auditing service?
As per NBC 2016, State Fire Norms & BIS, Organizations irrespective of their size and type can undertake FLS auditing services. A few of them are:
- Luxury Malls
- Commercial & Residential Buildings
- Educational Institutes, etc.