Highfield Level 2 International Award in Paediatric First Aid and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
Caring for children is always rewarding. However, it is considered to be the toughest job in the world, because children are prone to accidental injuries or illness due to their curious and impulsive nature. Therefore, it is highly necessary for the caregivers to attain grounding knowledge on Paediatric First Aid skills to treat and handle a variety of childhood medical emergencies. By doing so, one can prevent the child’s medical condition from becoming worse and cultivate moments of positivity with peace of mind.
Eager to learn the Paediatric First Aid skills, then pursuing Highfield Level 2 International Award in Paediatric First Aid and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator course from NIST is an ideal choice, which helps to demonstrate your commitment towards effective child care and leap your career towards next level.
QualificationHighfield Level 2 International Award in Paediatric First Aid and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
This qualification has been designed especially for those who work and take utmost interest in welfare of infants and children. It comprises wide range of childhood emergency topics and delivered with an effective mix of theoretical, practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions. Participants achieving this qualification will have the skills and confidence of administering first aid techniques and using automated external defibrillator (AED) in a real life situation for the infants aged 0 to 1, and children aged from 1-year-old to the onset of puberty. Moreover, to promote interactive learning experience and enhance knowledge, batch size of this course is limited to 12 members.
It is recommended for the participants to retake this Highfield International First Aid qualification every 3 years to evaluate and update the competence.
Who can take this course?
This Highfield first aid course is suitable for anyone who is taking care of infants and children in any professional or personal childcare setting, which includes
- Creche assistants
- Nursery school workers
- Playgroup leaders
- Sports coaches
- Fitness trainers
- Enables to understand the role of the paediatric first aider
- Gives confidence and helps to act promptly & effectively during emergency situations
- Provides relevant hands-on expertise to use AED device on infants and children
- Focusses on critical care and life-saving measures to keep the victim alive until professional medical help arrives
- Adds weightage to your career portfolio as it is an internationally recognized certified course
- Understanding the role of the paediatric first aider
- Assessing emergency situations and acting safely and effectively
- Providing first aid for an infant and a child:
- who are unresponsive and breathing normally
- who are unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who are wounded and bleeding
- who are suffering from shock and
- Using of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Participants are assessed through a
- series of short answer questions either via written responses or oral questioning and
- practical demonstration of first aid skills across a number of areas
- Highfield Level 3 International Award in First Aid at Work and the Safe Use of Automated External Defibrillator
- AHA – Heartsaver® CPR AED